Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to connect your Garmin watch to Strava
If you’re wearing a Garmin device, you most likely identify as an athlete. Why not link your watch to one of the most popular tracking websites and social networks for runners and cyclists? Follow the steps below to connect your Garmin watch to Strava.
Read more: The best Garmin running watches
To connect your Garmin watch with Strava, create a Strava account. Then Find Strava, listed under Connected Apps, in the Settings menu of your Garmin Connect app, and follow the onscreen prompts.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to connect your Garmin watch to Strava in 5 steps
Pairing your Strava and Garmin Connect accounts is simple. Just make sure you have both apps downloaded to your smartphone.
- On your paired smartphone, open the Garmin Connect app.
- Tap Settings or More (the three-dot icon or three horizontal lines depending on your platform), and tap Settings.
- Tap Connected Apps, then tap Strava.
- Read through the terms and conditions information and tap Agree.
- You may be asked to log in to your Strava account. Once you enter your Strava account credentials, tap Authorize.
Manually sync your Strava account
If you don’t see your activity in Strava, you may need to force a fresh sync.
- Open the Strava app on your paired phone and tap You, in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the Activities tab and pull down to force a sync.
Yes. Once you link your Garmin and Strava accounts, activities saved in Garmin Connect will automatically sync to Strava.
If your Garmin device is not sending your workouts to Strava, you may not have the Activities permission enabled. Revisit Strava under Connected apps in your Settings menu and toggle Activities on. If this does not fix the problem, disconnect Garmin Connect and Strava and reconnect.
Yes! Strava is a free app.